- First, Download the executable here
- Install on a Windows PC
- Once installed, Update Service should start automatically. If not, find it in the Start menu.
- Find the X8 from the list
- It will ask you to connect your phone by taking out the battery, waiting 5 seconds before putting the battery back in again, then pressing and holding the Back button while inserting the MicroUSB cable into the X8
- Release the back button when told to do so
- Update Service will download the latest ROM, then flash it to your phone
- Unplug your phone, then turn it on and it is guaranteed to work if you follow the instructions step by step
Sunday, December 18, 2011
How to fix a Hardbricked X8
I have worked out how to fix a hardbricked X8 WITHOUT using PC Companion or Flashtool. You can even use it if xRecovery doesn't work!